Are you planning a trip or hitting the road soon? As a van lifer who has been exploring for over a year now, I know how important it is to have the right apps to help you navigate your travels. That’s why I’ve put together a list of my top ten travel apps to help you make the most out of your adventures.
- Park4Night (Free + Paid Version) – This app is a lifesaver for anyone looking for a cheap place to park their van or RV. With over 120,000 locations to choose from, including rest areas, car parks, and campsites, you’ll never be left without a place to rest your head. Plus, with handy filters like toilets and water sources, you can find the perfect spot in no time.
- Search for Sites (Free) – Want to find the best camping spot in Europe? Look no further than Search for Sites! This app lets you filter your search by location, amenities, and price to find the perfect spot for your adventure. So pack up your tent and get ready for some serious exploring.
- LPG Finder (Free) – Fuel up your adventure with LPG Finder! This app helps you locate the nearest LPG stations, complete with information on prices and opening hours. Never run out of fuel again and keep your travels going! (Europe only)
- HappyCow (Free + Paid Version) – Vegans and vegetarians, rejoice! HappyCow is here to help you find the best plant-based restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores all over the world. Plus, with reviews and photos from other users, you’ll know exactly what to expect before you even walk in the door.
- Relive (Free + Paid Version) – Capture your adventures in 3D with Relive! This app lets you turn your hikes, walks, and bike rides into epic videos that you can share with your friends and family. And if you’re like me, you’ll want to record your walks/hikes to make sure you don’t get lost. With Relive, you can always find your way back with ease.
- Explorest (Free + Paid Version) – Take your photography to the next level with Explorest! This app features photo location guides from top photographers, so you can discover hidden gems and secret spots that you won’t find in any guidebook. So get your camera ready and start exploring!
- WhatsApp (Free) – Safety first! When you’re hiking or travelling alone, WhatsApp is great for location sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are and that you’re safe with just a tap of a button.
- AccuWeather (Free + Paid Version) – Don’t let bad weather ruin your adventure! Stay one step ahead with AccuWeather. With hourly and daily forecasts, you’ll always know what to expect no matter where you are in the world. Plus, with severe weather alerts, you can stay safe and dry no matter what.
- Google Translate (Free) – No need to worry about language barriers with Google Translate! This app allows you to translate text, speech, and even images. Just make sure to download the language you need before your trip, so you can use the translator offline in case you don’t have Wi-Fi or a signal.
- Google Maps (Free) – Last but not least, the classic Google Maps! Get detailed maps, directions, and real-time traffic updates with just a tap of a button. But don’t forget to download offline maps before your trip, especially if you’re going to an area with limited or no internet access. With offline maps, you can navigate like a pro even without an internet connection.
There you have it – my top ten travel apps that have helped me conquer my adventures. Have you tried any of these apps yet? Let me know in the comments which ones are your favourites, or if you have any other go-to apps that help you explore the world. Happy travels!